The Institute of Research and Consulting Services was founded upon the resolution of Higher Education Council No. (62) dated 1431/12/29H Corr. 5/12/2010. The resolution was approved by The Custodian of The Two Holy Mosques, the Prime Minister and the Chairman of the Higher Education Council directive dispatch No. 446/M/B Dated on 1432/1/21H Corr. 27/12/2010. Under which the Institute is entitled to conduct paid studies, provide consultancy, scientific, and research services for all government and civil sectors.